RESCIF’s main goal is to set up a consortium of institutions that are centres of scientific excellence, relying on their state-of-the-art technological skills, and contributions from innovative industrial partners. The network’s funding and management will be in the hands of participating universities in partnership with governments and private stakeholders.
Activities are divided into various categories:
- Setting up joint laboratories in universities in emerging countries that are network members,
- Developing joint research projects among RESCIF partners,
- Implementing joint training programmes,
- Exchanging researchers and students,
- Creating a RESCIF network for students,
- Developing partnerships with companies keen to develop production lines in these countries, in accordance with the research fields concerned,
- Contributing to the reconstruction of RESCIF’s partner universities in Haiti.